Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Greener Photographer


 Ever since I moved to the beach I have become determined to increase the awareness of recycling to those around me. It is so easy to do and it makes such a difference in our world. It makes me sad when I see trash wash up on shore or get caught on wildlife. It breaks my heart to know that that could have easily been avoided. However, as a photographer I didn't realize how much harm I was causing to the earth as well. It's very easy to be careless with the amount of paper, ink, and packaging products I use. This, just like the trash on the beach, adds up to be very destructive to our earth. I am very happy to announce that I am one step closer to being greener. I recently became a member of Greener Photography. It's a wonderful website that helps photographers learn about some of the Eco-friendly alternatives in our business. So far I have already lessened my carbon footprint by using recyclable paper for my business cards and printing paper, as well as using soy based ink for my printer. I encourage all of you to make a difference in life with whatever is important to you. I'm green :)

No comments: