Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thank You Note



I love receiving feedback from my shoots. There is no better feeling than when you as a photographer like the pictures and then the reassurance of the client equally loving the images soon follows. This is one example. Cinco De Mayo not only marked a great day in which numerous amounts of Corona and Mexican food should be consumed but it also became the day in which Dan and Maureen Anderson declared their love and faithfulness to one another. I had talked to Maureen earlier and she was telling me how excited she was to have these pictures taken as she had never had professional pictures taken of her family before (Dan and Maureen have two beautiful boys Samuel and Jackson). I don't really look at myself as professional, perhaps that's because I can't believe how much fun  I have every day with my job, but I reassured her we were going to have a great time and get some awesome shots. About a day after I emailed Maureen, letting her know her images were up online I received an email back. This one simple paragraph meant so much to me. 

Hi Stephanie,
I was just going to sit down and write you an email and I see you sent one first.   Hope you are doing well.   Wow, the photos are unbelieveable . . . We were so pleased and excited to see that these pictures turn out above and beyond our expectations!   I have to say, I am quite critical of myself (I'm not photogenic at all), yet I was able to find several where I looked pretty good.     The photos of our family are stunning!  I have so say, one of my favorite photos was the one of just the boys on those pillows with blue stripes.   Stephanie,  your creativity and your eye for capturing the moment is a gift.   We were blessed to have found you.    The photos of just the flowers on the piano or of us just holding hands were unbelievable.  Who captures something like that?   Amazing!
Thanks again, you made the time you spent with us even more memorable and fun.   
 Take care,
Maureen and Dan

No comments: