Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cake Etiquette






Cutting the cake has always remained somewhat of a mystery. Should the bride and groom gently feed each other the first bite? Or should they go for the guts and smear it everywhere. Out of all my weddings I have never seen an "all out smashing" cake session. That being said, when I shot Jake and Krissy I had a hunch something would happen. Most of the time, the groom goes first, and as the Dj's relays, "this will set the tone for the rest of your marriage". No pressure right? As Jake wound back real far and went in for the feed I knew Krissy was gonna get it. Yet surpringly he gently placed most of it in her mouth while succesfully landing some of the icing on her nose. Well played my friend! But oh how the story changed when Krissy went up to bat. Needless to say the pictures speak for themselves. And regardless of the feeding frenzy make sure to always kiss, make up, and walk away hand in hand underneath a beautiful sparkler shower.

No comments: